Thursday, July 29, 2010

S'more please!

So I'm on cake break but there are still good things coming out of the kitchen. Last week my in laws were visiting from TX. My Mother in law is allergic to dairy products, so we take caution in planning the menu any time we are all together. You'd be surprised at how much dairy lurks in products you wouldn't expect. I take it as a challenge and always get very excited when we can find really yummy recipes that she can eat!

Our favorite concoction from this visit was S'mores made in the oven. Instead of chocolate, we substituted Nutella! YUM.



Honey Maid Graham Crackers
Kraft Jet Puff Marshmallows
Nutella

I spread a thin layer of Nutella onto the cracker and topped with a marshmallow. I placed them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven at 350 until the Marshmallow began to spread out. Then I set the oven to broil until the tops were golden brown.

My father in law then asked for just a toasted marshmallow. A simple request if we were 'round the campfire... but how to oblige from the oven? Foil? A-ha!



A cupcake liner did the trick!

We also tried with honey peanut butter and enjoyed a different twist. All in all a small non dairy victory to add to the treat list!

S'more please!

No comments: