Friday, July 13, 2012

Baby Shower

I recently got to co-host a dear friend's baby shower!  I am so excited for the Riggins' family and little Nolan is so lucky to be born to such cool parents!  While we're still waiting for his debut, I thought I'd share a few photos his dad took of the celebration.  (You can click on each one to see it in better detail.)


I was having trouble finding baby shower decor that wasn't a pastel bore.  It's really quite a challenge.  I know pinterest and Etsy are filled with amazing suggestions but I needed the convenience of a few store bought items.  So, I was very happy when I stumbled across these Duff Goldman Baby Animal cupcake liners at Michael's.  The color scheme was great for a baby boy and gave me something to work with!





I used the animals as inspiration and we cut larger animals out of cardstock and hung them above the food table for decor.  


We also had a fun idea to hang diapers on a line with his name spelled out over the mantle.  Turned out pretty cute in my opinion!



And at the center of course, the cupcake tower!   I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.  Oh My.  These are sooooooo good.  I am usually not much for devouring my own baking anymore... but I could eat my weight in these bad boys!  I don't do the full on recipe they suggest, but you can check out the general idea on AnnieEat's blog.


I love that Nolan made it into this shot with the cupcakes!  How cute.






No comments: