Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You sure look purdy.

It's no secret that I'm no cake decorator. I feel ashamed, but I wasn't sure how people made the swirly whirly cupcake icing toppers. So, I've been getting my research on. I LOVE THIS picture from www.bakeitpretty.com!



Such a quick and cute tutorial. Thanks to YouTube I also found some great tips to perfect the technique.

Check out these instructional videos for frosting cupcakes.

Demo #1


Demo #2


Demo #3

My favorite tip from each video:

Demo #1: set the piping bag in a cup to fill it. Hope for kitchen klutzes!
Demo #2: add white after the colored icing for a variegated look!
Demo #3: piping bag pressure techniques. Preventing pfunky lines!

Oh, I can feel it... I'm going into a sugar induced frosting frenzy! I want to make some good looking cupcakes. The kind that completely captivate your attention and make you say, "You sure look purdy." chomp chomp.

No comments: